Jiro Matsumoto - A Revolutionist in the Afternoon


A collection of five short stories:

1. A Revolutionist in the Afternoon
2. A Revolutionist in the Afternoon 2 (not a sequel to the first one)
3. Desert Witch - A wounded man is being chased, but then he stumbles on cursed grounds
4. Takeyama's Life - A vampire, who is not really into the whole gothic vampire thing.
5. The Footmen Flee - Two men are in the battlefield, and all they want to do now is go home (without being killed by the opposing side)

I did not post anything from this artist haven't I? Hm, well, It's about damn time I do!

Another great, great, great artist I really like. So far he published 5 of his books and I read about three of them (if I remember right haha!). The first thing that struck me was his very unique way of drawing. There's no other manga artist quite like him. His style is characterized by drawing lots of short curly lines (kinda like in a sketch). At first it looks very chaotic and unprofessional but with further inspection it's actually very organized and detailed pice of work!

The stories vary a lot and I don't feel like explaning all of them but there's an good review here if you really want to know what you are downloading. Most of them are pyschedelic in nature (I suggest listening to Jimi Hendrix or some spastic jazz while reading).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/3/09 01:00

    Reading this man's drawings, I always think, what's he thinking about? Is he a psycho or something? But his arts are really mesmerising, and it would take a long time for me to understand and experience the meanings of his arts myself.

    ReplyDelete