End of 2021 and start of 2022!


Holy shit, it's over already. Can someone please stop time? It seems like whoever is driving time has passed the speed limit a long while ago!

The world seems to have stopped at around 2019 tho and history repeats in a sense that I managed to get covid a second time almost exactly a year from the last time! While last time it was't really a joking ordeal (had a 3 month sick leave) this time around I got over it in like a day or two but I'm still in isolation. Isolation is actually pretty nice this time of year since it is too cold to be outside anyway and I was getting tired of my endless treks across Europe. With new year comes new hopes but dressed in old rags. This time it will be different! I doubt it but maybe something changes.

The year 2021 in music to me has been pretty uneventful for the most part. The biggest discovery that I had was Keith Jarrett and his solo piano performances. Yeah I know he's pretty well known but I never got around to his music before and I can honestly say that his solo piano concerts really live up to the hype. That is if you enjoy listening to one lone dude hammering on a piano for an hour. 

Anything else? Let's see... Well metal had a couple of good releases that I liked. Warloghe released an album but can it count as new? It really is just a bunch of songs they wrote 10 years ago but never recorded. Despite that it still is my fabled album of the year. I love how it sounds and the feeling I get when I listen to it is the feeling of helpless decay. Absolutely marvelous. Moving past the metal cavemen I would also like to mention King Gizzards album from the year and that one saw a lot of rotation during my long waits at airports or transports. Another not metal release that I adored is the collaborative effort between Evan Parker and some new-ish kids on the block. A really solid and intense live performance that we are lucky to be able to witness in recording at least.

That's it - pretty much. Brief much like the post number for 2021. This year maybe more maybe less - who knows? I have like a week more of isolation so I hope to drum up some more posts. I do have a couple albums I wanna talk to about with the abyss of the internet. In any case - here's the list:


METAL:

01 - Warloghe - Three Angled Void

02 - Lvcifyre - The Broken Seal

03 - Clandestine Blaze - Secrets of Laceration

04 - Korgonthurus - XX

05 - Alda - A Distant Fire

06 - ЛЕШИЙ - ПОГАНЫЕ СНЫ

07 - Silvanthrone - Forbidden Pathways to Ancient Wisdom

08 - Voidsphere - To Overtake | To Overcome

09 - Warmoon Lord - Battlespells

10 - Frozen Flesh Order - Extra Terrestrial Terrorism


NOT-METAL:

01 - Natural Information Society with Evan Parker - descension(Out Of Our Constrictions)

02 - King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Butterfly 3000

03 - DJ PoolBoi - Rarities EP

04 - A Victory For The Sullen - Invisible Cities

05 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!

06 - Chris Potter - Sunrise Reprise

07 - Toumani Diabaté & London Symphony Orchestra - Kôrôlén

08 - Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & London Symphony Orchestra - Promises

09 - Serena Gabriel Featuring Steve Roach - Seeing Inside

10 - Menagerie - Many Worlds


TOP DISAPPOINTMENTS (THAT I MIGHT ENJOY IN A FEW YEARS/DECADES):

01 - Ad Nauseam - Imperative Imperceptible Impulse

02 - Paysage d'Hiver - Geister

03 - Funeral Mist - Deiform

04 - Phrenelith - Chimaera

05 - Hyperdontia - Hideous Entity


TOP EARWORMS:

01 - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Shanghai

02 - dj poolboi - i don't really mind (feat. Su Lee)

03 - Only Fire - SEKTAŠICA (REMIX) [BRAK NA NEVIĐENO]

04 - placeboing - DOOR STUCK remix

05 - Target Demographic - Start Again


Be safe out there and happy late new year everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are still here... thanks for the posting (-:

    ReplyDelete