Roadside Poppies - Cycling and Crying


While twee pop isn't a genre of music that I know much about I still like to check out some of its artists every now and then. I can name a few bands and from what I heard this genre seems fun enough but I like it in short bursts. That's why I mainly have EPs of twee pop and perhaps this might be the time that I share probably my favorite twee pop EP. In case you haven't heard of it here are the basics of twee pop: it's mellow pop filled with happy melodies, cutesy vocals and silly lyrics (about love mostly).

Roadside Poppies released this back in 2007 and a few other demos and so. I don't think they have any official albums. The EP itself has a short and sweet set of just four songs. The first is probably the best one and it reeks of "It's summertime!" feelings, the whole EP is kinda like that actually. But all four are relatively catchy and fun to listen. The third track is probably my second best.

So yeah, if you're in the mood for some mellow tunes I suggest you check this out.

Get.

No comments:

Post a Comment