Hiroki Endo's Tanpenshu



Well this is a bit awkward. Last time I read this was in high school and I was all about "man I need to post this on the blog". Good thing I remembered to post it - right? I guess it's never late for love so here goes.

Actually I did post this in one small fragment which was The Crows, the Girl and the Yakuza but I had no idea that it was part of a compilation that contains several short stories by Hiroki Endo. Now after all this time I gave this another read and yes, it's still as awesome as ever. Calling them short stories would be a stretch though since most of them are 80+ pages long.

The stories are generally very melancholic so the comic is mainly maintaining this serious vibe about life, death, meaning and the usual things people like to ponder about. Stories themselves aren't really existing plot wise, it's more about characters and how they perceive their lives and relationships. Hiroki does his thing very well overall, the characters are fleshed out and don't act superficially like most mainstream manga characters. "Do good because we must!" and shit like that is nonexistent which is a refreshing change for me at least. They do what they must and struggle with their existence in a sadly happy way (but also murder).

If I could sum up this whole book in once sentence it would be: people are fucked up but they have good intentions, sometimes.


Recommended.

Download.

4 comments:

  1. Burek, file can't be downloaded from MediaFire, somehow it's been blocked by the server. Can you please upload this again? I'm interested as all hell.

    By the way, first time I post something. I wanted to thank you for all the madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works fine for me man, I can't help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous30/5/12 00:15

    hey man its my first time to comment on your blog too , sorry for never commenting , you are a big inspiration to me and your posts motivate me to write poetry and stories . may be someday i tell you who i am . thank you for all your time and effort . its amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous24/7/12 20:37

    Thank you again for posting interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete