Fahrenheit 451: Internet Protocol (also 2011 album list)

Recently Megaupload and Filesonic were taken down along with every other site that was associated with these two (like megavideo). So a question pops up who's next? What am I going to do if Mediafire gets taken down?

I guess if I loose mediafire I'll stop uploading. This blog will then consist me writing silly inane fragments of how I feel and my pointless bullshit problems. I'll also move to Liberia because democracy here is obviously so terrible.


Of course not; don't be silly.

There's always Rapidshare. So if mediafire ever gets taken down, I'm switching to Rapidshare. Just thought I'd point that out in case someone's wondering what will happen in this case.

And just to keep this post relatively useful here's a list of albums from 2011 (I wrote a feature post about it but it turned out to be 20 pages long, so yeah) that I liked in hopes that maybe you'll find some of them interesting and eventually check them out:

Links are youtube videos for my favorite songs etc. and the list is in no particular order (I wrote stuff as they came along in my mind and as I browsed my library).

Colin Stetson - New History Of Warfare Vol. 2: Judges
Colin Stetson - Those Who Didn't Run EP
Youth Lagoon - The Year of Hibernation
Wormrot - Dirge
Agnes Obel - Philharmonics
O'Death - Outside
A Winged Victory for the Sullen - A Winged Victory for the Sullen
Æthenor - En Form For Blå
Black Swan - The Quiet Divide
Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons Of Light 1
Capsule - World Of Fantasy
SBTRKT - SBTRKT
Starfucker - Reptilians
Tinariwen - Tassili
Gridlink - Orphan
Punch - Push Pull
Ulcerate - The Destroyers Of All
Dječaci - Istina
Hiromi - Voice
John Zorn - The Satyr's Play/Cerberus (didn't find any links)
Peter Evans Quintet - Ghosts
Altar Of Plagues - Mammal
Deafheaven - Roads to Judah
Farsot - Insects
Glorior Belli - The Great Southern Darkness
The Axis of Perdition - Tenements (Of The Anointed Flesh)
Tombs - Path Of Totality
Corrupted - Garten Der Unbewusstheit
Light Bearer - Lapsus 
Dead To A Dying World - Dead To A Dying World 
Virus - The Agent the Shapes the Desert
Alela Diane - Alela Diane & Wild Devine
Seapony - Go With Me
The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Belong
Miaou - The Day Will Come Before Long


I don't plan uploading any of them in this upcoming year since I have this invisible policy of "not posting new releases" that I'm trying to maintain. You can also just google "band - album + mediafire/filestube" and a link will pop up for most of them; but don't tell anyone I told you that.

Oh and feel free (I actually encourage it) to recommend albums that you liked from 2011 in the comments.

Edit:



http://holyfuckingshit40000.blogspot.com/

You will be missed. Thank you for everything.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous23/1/12 23:58

    Whhhhaaaaaaattttttttttt. Why, HFS4K, why. Just because MU is gone? щ(ಥ益ಥ╬щ) Granted, my blog is fucked as well since 85%+ (I'm sure) was upped on MU and I'm too lazy to re-up atm.


    James Blake s/t was a big one for me. Played the shit out of that one. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

    Been highly disappointed by the latest offerings by Blut Aus Nord though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous24/1/12 00:08

    Also >Bela Bartok - The Wooden Prince (preferably in flac)

    Which version are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRAINOIL - Death Of This Dry Season. Great album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous24/1/12 07:16

    Keep on rocking, Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it sucks, right? They had enormous traffic so I guess Tolki closed it in case the law gets involved with smaller fish.

    I've listened to James Blake when it got out but never really cared for it much. I'll dl it and try it again, maybe I'll like it this time. And yeah, Blut Aus Nord wasn't really that spectacular for me either. I kinda liked the second installment of 777 though, it seemed to be a transition to something completely different. I guess we'll find out when the third one comes out if I'm right about it.

    I'm looking for any version of The Wooden Prince, can't seem to find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous25/1/12 15:24

    How about this:

    http://www.myspace.com/memphiscanada

    Memphis's album, "Here comes a city".

    Thank you for sharing all these interesting things on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shyt is ruining the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous26/1/12 18:45

    Mediafire said a few days ago that they will "colaborate" with the FBI, mentioning "to check out our servers, we do not support piracy". I do not know what will happen, but the torrent or emule programs are the only safe place right now. I hope all this will end well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anon: Where's the source of that news? I keep hearing it on /mu/ but nobody really cites any sources.

    So far mediafire was very discrete with its services. If someone reported files being piracy or whatever mediafire would delete them. I know this because it happens every now and then to my mediafire accounts. I get a DMA notice and a few files removed. And I shared a lot (+30Tb) so I would get my account closed already if there is such an investigation. I don't really hide what I upload.

    As far as Megaupload they kinda had it coming. They weren't discrete at all and they plunged completely into the infringement of copyrights with megavideo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous27/1/12 19:57

    Sorry Burek. The thing I read about Mediafire was written in a forum, but there was no link to the info I wrote down here. So the deal of MF with the FBI is not clear at all...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Burek, even if your blog became nothing else but your mind's rambling, I'd still be hyped to visit it.
    Google closed my old account (Lordbyron_k7)a few months ago, accused me of spamming... Dunno, internet has it's bad days too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember when I used to post on HFS4K.

    Good old times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good times indeed. Things will get better over time I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete