Coroner - Punishment For Decadence


So back in the day when metal was thrashing mad in Germany and USA there was this sort of little and obscure band called Coroner from Switzerland. As with many other great underrated thrash bands at the time they didn't have a lot of luck so they released a few albums; stayed active in the 90s for a while and finally quit. But they are not forgotten as their fanbase grew over time and now they are rather popular it seems. Popular enough to inspire them to regroup and will supposedly attend Hellfest in 2011. I think they deserve every praise they get. Their songs are pretty much everything I ask for in thrash metal. High speed, complex riffs and mad drumwork but most of all it's very precise. It's not sloppy work as  is the case with some more popular thrash bands that I could mention. If you are into thrash metal then you should not miss this one out! And they cover Jimmy Hendrix for fuck sake! :D

1. Intro
2. Absorbed
3. Masked Jackal
4. Arc-Lite
5. Skeleton on Your Shoulder
6. Sudden Fall
7. Shadow of a Lost Dream
8. The New Breed
9. Voyage to Eternity
10. Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix cover)

Bitrate: 320

Melting faces.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous26/6/10 02:55

    yes! im fan since the first time i heard them, reminds me my teeange days.that band sounded like no other one, pretty unique, and huge drum works as you said.
    their album "grin" is one of their best.NAILS HURT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "MOM, I FOUND PARADISE ON INTERNET!"
    That's what I told my mom when I found your blog :)

    I don't have words enough to thank you for all those posts and downloads!

    Cheers from Brazil o/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous28/8/10 02:57

    Jos da naucis koristiti megaupload... :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you people flatter me too much. :)

    Ma, probao sam Megaupload i ne mogu se snaći preko njega nikako. Najviše mi odgovara Mediafire pa ga zato koristim, premda me i on neki put sjebe hihi.

    ReplyDelete