Peace Sells

Argh, yesterday I left the movie to upload over night by of course my delightful connection decided to drop out so only 2 parts were uploaded. So sadly it's going to be posted tomorrow! >_< In any case, if you have nothing to do here's something neat.

I'll Bill and his friends (Necro etc.) are all rappers but they show a lot of interest in metal. Ill Bill made a song called Peace Sells which turns out to be full of references to metal bands, albums, songs and musicians. I spent a little time reading the lyrics and finding the connections. I don't think I found them on so drop in a comment if I missed something. I also added the lyrics below and a numbered the references and added the detail below. Here's the song:


Lyrics:

I'm a creator of terror berserk teens no escape from the toxic traits (1)
Pop ya face storm 'em with madness and blind faith (2)
The angel of death (3) read between the lines out the heaven
Expectable youth divine intervention (4) teachin' y'all a lesson of violence (5)
Doctor Death injectin a virus apocalypse
I'm a horseman in the circle of tyrants in debts for era
Posessed like Jeff Parcera (6)
Consuming impulse (7) drown you in the depths of terror forever

[Chorus]
Peace sells but who's buying (8)
Who's tryin who's crying who's lying in a pool of blood dying
Peace sells but who's buying
Who's tryin who's crying who's poppin with a four pound iron (9)
Peace sells but who's buying
Who's tryin who's crying who's lying in a pool of blood dying
Peace sells but who's buying
Who's tryin who's crying who's lying in a pool of blood

Stranger in hell buy America day to betrayal
Brainwashed by a system that's created to fell (10)
Freedomer fire securetron arm in his fate
Fear factory (11) manufacturing hi-tech hate
A slave new world (12) world gone mad a world without heroes
Used to go to show surrounded by weirdos
Lovelomoss masterin the science of war
Read metal forces magazines dying to tour
Power hatchets & carnivals livin their life for agony
Where to go we got to know like Harry Flanagan
I lecture funeral children of a grave behind a wall I sleep (13)
Be afraid kill 'em to be safe
I don't need society down for life foul & trife
Ill Bill dirty rotten imbecil down to fight
Give me my taxes back money god's a liar
Speak truth to deaf americans like Tah Meraya (14)

[Chorus]

Psychic vacuum jab you with a knife & stab you
Rival this medicine try veconvictions as heroin
Experiment macrosolutions to megaproblems
Let the revolvers solve 'em chaos miners a cosmic drama
Peace sells but who's buyin so I stay with the funds
We real so you die find you laced with the slugs
With the quickness you callin me my sacred love
I got bad brains the reason I spray with guns now listen

References:

1 - toxic traits (could be Toxic Trace song by Kreator)
2 - blind faith (Hirax - Blind Fate)
3 - The angel of death (obviously Slayer - Angel Of Death)
4 - divine intervention (another Slayer reference, this time its the Divine Intervention album)
5 - a lesson of violence (Exodus song)
6 - Posessed like Jeff Parcera (Jeff Benjamin Becerra, vocalist of the band Possessed)
7 - Consuming impulse (Pestilence album from 1989)
8 - Peace sells but who's buying (obvious refrence to Megadeth and their song)
9 - poppin with a four pound iron (not sure but could be Razor - Shotgun Justice?)
10 - Brainwashed by a system that's created to fell (uhh, System Of A Down? :S)
11 - Fear factory (US band)
12 - A slave new world (could be mockery of Iron Maidens song Brave New World)
13 - I lecture funeral children of a grave behind a wall I sleep (Black Sabbath songs:
Children of the Grave, Behind the Wall of Sleep and when he says "I lecture funeral" it kinda sounds like Electric Funeral.
14 - Tah Meraya (very likely Tom Arrayas (Slayer vocalist) name spelled wrong)

I'm sure there are more, so add some if you recognize them! :3

2 comments:

  1. Necro, Ill Bill, Goretex, and Mr. Hyde have a rap group called Circle of Tyrants

    Necro calls his music Death Rap

    this one's my favorite:
    Reign in Blood - Ill Bill feat. Necro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop ya face storm 'em with
    madness and blind faith (2)
    > The angel of death (3) read
    > between the lines out the
    > heaven

    "South of heaven", too?

    > Expectable youth divine
    > intervention (4) teachin'
    > y'all a lesson of violence

    Expendable youth? (From
    "Seasons in the abyss",
    Slayer)

    > I'm a horseman in the circle
    > of tyrants in debts for era

    Circle of the Tyrants from
    Celtic Frost! Ohhh you missed
    that one! I can't believe it!
    xD

    > A slave new world (12) world
    > gone mad a world without
    > heroes

    A song from Sepultura's "Chaos
    A.D."

    > Read metal forces magazines
    > dying to tour

    There was a magazine called
    Metal Forces, I think

    > Ill Bill dirty rotten
    > imbecil down to fight

    Dirty Rotten Imbeciles was a
    thrash-crossover band

    > Speak truth to deaf
    > americans like Tah Meraya
    > (14)

    Def American [sic] was the
    company that released Slayer
    records (more or less)

    > Psychic vacuum jab you with a knife & stab you
    > Rival this medicine try veconvictions as heroin
    > Experiment macrosolutions to megaproblems
    > Let the revolvers solve 'em chaos miners a cosmic drama

    Voïvod - Dimension Hatross.
    Buff I've taken a look to its
    tracklist and there are
    references to at least four
    songs!

    Nice game! Awful song :_(

    ReplyDelete