Ends and beginnings!

Hello and goodbye!

Once more we have come to this ending beginning where a year ends and then it starts!


This time it's maybe a bit more special since a new decade has started but maybe it starts next year? Depends on who you ask really and if they value the number 0 I guess. For me the year 2019 has been fairly pivotal in a personal sense. I moved to a different apartment (fuck moving stuff) and I switched jobs! My new job allows, requires, me to travel all over Europe (and countries close to Europe) on a very steady monthly basis. It's a lonely job because I literally work alone but I like it and I get to see shit outside of my town. Also I get to sit at airports a lot. As fun as my work is (for now) it has been pretty detrimental for my blogging capabilities. I don't just mean I made less posts in 2019 than in 2018, I also mean that I got to consume music at a much slower and less frequent pace. I don't have a portable music player! My phone is old and has a very short battery life so I can't cram albums I want on it. But the good news is that I rectified this problem relatively recently so my obsessive listening habits should return with this year. The bad news is that hotel internet sucks for the most part so I'll probably be able to upload stuff only while I'm home. We'll see how it goes as the year itself goes.

But what about music?


Well I haven't really followed new releases in 2019 so I probably missed a bunch of stuff. I have to admit that I feel like I'm completely out of the loop with the current trends (aside from maybe metal trends) but more importantly I think I haven't heard anything from this year that I've liked! Sure I enjoyed a bunch of metal albums, that's inevitable, but aside from that there's not much else. Even the second resurfaced Coltrane album sucked apart from that one composition. Felt like they're just trying to cash in on the success of Both Directions At Once. NED label had a pretty good year, most of the stuff that came out was really good aside from maybe that new Teitanblood which I couldn't get into.  I might start liking over time, anything is possible. NEDXXX came out of nowhere and it was fucking wild, I love that record. But yeah... not much stuff has caught my ears in 2019. So without any more rambling here's the usual list of stuff I've liked:

Akrotheism - The Law of Seven Deaths
Alkymist - Wreckage of the Raging World
Aoratos - Gods Without Name
Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race
Blood Tyrant - The Realm That Brings Forth Death
Blut Aus Nord - Hallucinogen
Boris - Love and Evol
Crypt Sermon - The Ruins Of Fading Light
Deathspell Omega - The Furnaces Of Palingenesia
Destroyer Of Light - Mors Aeterna
Diocletian - Amongst the Flames of a Burning God
Djevel - Ormer Til Armer, Maane Til Hode
Drastus - La Croix de Sang
Fetid - Steeping Corporeal Mess
Gardsghastr - Slit Throat Requiem
Hajduk - Кръв
Ignivomous - Hieroglossia
Malakhim - II
Mgła - Age of Excuse
Misþyrming - Algleymi
Mystagogue - And the Darkness Was Cast Out into the Wilderness
NEDXXX - NEDXXX
Nocturnus AD - Paradox
Pissgrave - Posthumous Humiliation
Saor - Forgotten Paths
Sargeist - Death Veneration
Sinmara - Hvísl Stjarnanna
Strigae - I-Collision
Sühnopfer - Hic Regnant Borbonii Manes
Voqkrre - Wariwulf
Vukari - Aevum
Woe - A Violent Dread

And lastly I just wanna say to everyone thanks for reading and commenting on Flying Teapot for the past year. Happy new year everybody!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/1/20 20:16

    Love that NEDXXX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Came out of nowhere and it's great!

    ReplyDelete