Mari Atsumi ‎– 夜のためいき +6


Hey everyone. It has been a long while but I'm back with some more shares! I finished college more or less so I'll have more time to write and post. More importantly my internet connection is far better than before so I'll be able to do it with less hassle. I'll be reuploading requested files today or tomorrow with my new glorious upload speed of 84KB/s.

For starters here's some old school jpop (or enka more specifically).


If I had to compare then Mari Atsumi is mostly similar to Meiko Kaji in terms of voice. While Meiko's music is more rock and blues oriented with some traditional stuff thrown in for good measure. Atsumi on the other hand does things more folk oriented and more ballad esque. This isn't anything riveting or eye opening in total but it's just good 70s pop songs from Japan. Her voice has a very good soothing mature sound to it, there's nothing quirky or "moe" here which is usually what sells me on stuff like this.

The album itself was released sometime in the 70s but this is a newer reissue that adds a bunch of 7'' singles she did back in the day. Atsumi was also an actress so there's another comparison with Meiko in check.

Get.

3 comments:

  1. "Finished college more or less"..I know that feeling! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous30/1/17 09:23

    The link has expired, would it be possible to post a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if I still have this, I'll upload today if I do.

    ReplyDelete