Spawn Of Possession - Cabinet


To break away from the recent trend of jazz music here's something completely different. Every now and then I get this urge to listen some death metal and when it comes to this genre I'm very laid back. Laid back in a sense that I do not really demand a lot from this type of music. As long as it's well composed and has a good sound I'll give it a listen.

Spawn of Possession come from Sweden and that tells us that they were exposed to a lot of great death metal bands in their life. The influences here can be heard but luckily it's not a rip off of some more major players. Lately they've been getting a decent amount of attention with their new album "Incurso" which you should check out if you like this sort of thing. I won't be posting it but I'll share their first album that I'm enjoying a lot (maybe even more than their recent one). It's pretty much everything I'm looking for in a death metal record. They have that "death metal production" sound on this album, it's not medicinal clean plastic stuff - thank fuck. It's rough, mushy and bathed in glorious chugga chugga riffs backed by solid drumming and decent vocals. Vocals are perhaps my biggest dislike in this band. I dunno, they don't click that well with me, I think they're too clean for this sort of thing. Yeah he growls but it's more of a growl-scream kind of thing. Everything else is good and fun to listen very loud.

Download.

No comments:

Post a Comment