Corpus Callosum - Corpus Callosum

Corpus Callosum is a tiny little band that comes from the US. They call their music "post industrial folk noir" but it sounds to me more like some sort of hybrid of folk and country. Although, isn't country actually the "folk music" of the US? I'm at a little loss here. Well anyway; the music.

As it usually goes with bands like these they use a lot of instrumentation (mostly acoustic stuff) to create their intended atmosphere. The atmosphere here is what I essentially like the most. It's this weird blend of really melancholic music and lyrics but somewhat it sounds so happy. It's like they embrace it with a smile and in turn it makes me happy as well. It's in a way what blues was, sad stories that are meant to make you happy. It's kinda like that. Although Corpus Callosum sounds a bit more mad.

Most songs are mid paced, they just kinda stroll by. It's like they just sat down in front of a porch one evening and decided to record an album as the Sun goes down. I don't think I've ever felt bored by this album so if you like folk music check this out, you might like it too.

Download.

For some reason I named this album differently in the folder (it's tagged correctly though). So rename it if you will.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, looking forward to giving this a listen. And great work with the Ben Templesmith upload, only found out about this guy last year, really impressive. great blog, yer always putting up interesting stuff. thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i just say i love you,ive followed you for a long time and youve introduced me to some wonderfully grotesque artists and some lovely music,i want you to like me,maybe look at my blog i made?canistillcallyou.blogspot.com?in any case,thank you and keep doing what your doing you lovely man.

    ReplyDelete