Loro's - Dream(s)

Now that I have some insight as to what to post, here's some underrated post rock.

At first I wasn't too exited about this release. Gave it a whirl and I threw it somewhere deep down my hard drive. Then one "spring cleaning" day I came around it again and to my surprise I found this album (or EP, whatever) to be quite exhilarating.

Loro's (whatever that means) is a small band from South Korea and they have about 600 listeners on last.fm. Not that quite known but they did release their debut album recently called Pax. I didn't like Pax very much but this EP, as I mention before, is something just right up my alley. I'll be posting Pax probably in the future as I give it a more thorough listen.

It starts fairly easy and uplifting as most post rock albums begin. Judging by that you might go and say, like I did, "oh great, another guitar wanking fest". Verily I say onto you, thou is mistaken! It quickly grows in detail and texture. Sounds start to bend with piano and an acoustic guitar and it goes further and further. As this little EP goes for more and more time things become attached to it. Vocals, violin and so on, all kinds of crap. That's what I enjoy so much about it. There's a bit of everything that's good about post rock in here and it doesn't go enough long to bore you. It's what I like to call: balanced out music.

It's a nice little voyage that goes for about half an hour. Definitely check it out if you're into post rock and similar.

Download.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the music!

    ps. What program do you (personally) prefer to listen to music?

    I am sick of not being able to play FLAC files on iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Foobar for all my music playing needs. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get their other album, Pax.

    ReplyDelete