Tsutomu Nihei - Biomega


Ok ok, before you call me a liar and an attention whore let me explain. I uploaded this before my crash along with two other mangas. :D

I'll post the other ones soon as well.

Biomega came out a bit after Niheis most famous work Blame. It serves as some kind of prologue of Blame though some parts are inconsistent (or at least to me).

In any case the story goes something like this: Toha Heavy Industries send a synthetic human agent to save surviving pure gene humans from some mega city that's built on an artificial island. The situation in there went chaotic because of this weird virus that came from Mars. I'll stop here but I'll just mention one more thing. There's a talking bear in the plot! A BEAR! A BEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR.

The art, as usual is exceptional. Not quite the atmosphere of blame. There is a lot more talking and there's "Story so far" chapters at each volume for those that have a hard time following Niheis way of narration and his overall tendency to fuck everything up.

At the end there's a major change in the art. It could mean that his other future works will go along that path? I don't know, haven't read his latest works. It might disappoint those who liked his morbid and dark drawings like in Abara or Blame.

In any case, if you are a fan of Nihei you already should have read this. If not, well here's the chance. If you are not familiar with his works this is a good place to start. Not to mention the overall cyberpunk masturbation that we all absorb gladly (that came out weird).

Part 1 and 2.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/8/09 09:22

    Now makes me wish there were more talking bears in serious stories. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    I've been wanting to read this since I read Blame!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Najbolje njegovo delo , u smisao kompletnost price .
    The art is impeccable , as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links! You are a legend!

    ReplyDelete